NEW GROWTH TREES ROCK AND WATER

NEW GROWTH TREES ROCK AND WATER

This blog shows my activities and other people's initiatives. There are also articles that have been contributed.

Friday 6 February 2009



Most of our banana Jungle is made up of Musa Basjoo though there are also some Musa Sikkimensis and others which I am testing for hardiness. I wrap the bananas in fleece but they do become hardier as they get older. The plants gradually lose all their leaves and only the stump remains. The first signs of rejuvenation can be seen around March. We have yet to see how they survive this winter which has been one of the worst in years!

Many of the plants have been propogated by me by chopping side shoots. This isn't easy as it is essential to cut the side shoot with some root.

The year before last and in previous years one of the older plants would produce a flower but there were none last summer. I put this down to low light levels. We had rather a dismal summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your garden, it is always so peaceful :)