This blog shows my activities and other people's initiatives. There are also articles that have been contributed.
The photo shows the garden in early May 2013

Sunday, 31 March 2013

New Pages

Take a  look at  'What's happening on the vegetable plot. Don't forget to click 'more' to see the rest.

There are now new pages on this blog. By clicking on the pages link on the right hand side (half way down) you will find a variety of articles.
Page 1 Provides a brief introduction to the editor and an article by the editor on fish keeping
On Page 1a  please note this page has been changed and will be used for summaries of exhibitions and films. A new article can be found on this page by John Boyd on one of the most recent exhibitions at the British Library on the Power  and uses of Propaganda.
Go to page 2 There are articles by John Boyd on Democracy and the EU and a video on the subject..
I have just added a statement by the campaign against Euro- federalism
A variety of articles are posted on my blog they do not necessarily reflect the blog author's views.

Page 2a
Yet again the versatile Paul Brecher has surprised us with a Brand New Article called the Anomaly of The Meridians . As I found this article so fascinating I have created anew page 2a where you can find this most extraordinary article  Paul runs a variety of courses and you only need go to his website:
Page 3
On there is an article by Paul Brecher. my instructor, which is an introduction to the martial art of Pa Kua Chang.
A new article by Paul Brecher has been added to page 3 The Wooden Man Form. For more information on this please contact Paul.
 These have been reprinted by kind Permission of the author. These articles and more can be found on his website:  You will also find information about his classes.
There is now a new article by kind permission of Paul Brecher. This article can also be found on his website.
I have just added a link to The Pau Chui , Cannon fist performed by Paul brecher
Paul brecher has also published a number of books. Two of these can be found on page 3. Go to his website for more details and to see a great deal of fascinating material.

Page 4 Photos from our recent trip to Berlin

Page 6
I have added a new page showing some of the paintings of Matan Peles , a resident of a community for adults with learning difficulties on Kibbutz mahanayim, Upper Gailee, Israel.

I recommend looking at these photos which can be purchased online. Every painting purchased is more support for the community. You can see more of his paintings  on their  url see the link on page 6
Under this article there is an article explaining The Israeli Kibbutz
Page 8 There is an explanation of the Shaw Trust, ap

More articles wanted on a variety of subjects. I hold the right to refuse articles I consider inappropriate and likely to cause offence.

On the Plot

 Many entries have been erased as I have found that the page will not hold a large amount of information.

27th April 2015
Different types of cabbage have  been planted and today. I put in Cauliflower (all grown from seed by me. Sowed, in pots climbing French beans. I took some Tomato and Cucumber plants to the polytunnel. A slightly cooler environment..
1rst May 2015
Today I built a central path on plot 1 using the boards that had arrived. I painted them and then positioned and nailed them into position. I will fill it up with chippings. I also planted more cauliflower and Red cabbage. I have been trying out a hormonal spray which was recommended by a company which I use for supplying an algae remover for the pond.

19th May 2015
I have been far too busy to write on the blog but I am taking a few minutes to do so. I can't log the myriad of things I have been doing. Of course there is the regular thing of watering (when needed) sowing, planting etc., More recently I have got into interplanting as even with three plots, two polytunnels and a greenhouse I find myself running out of space. Even when I interplant I have to bare in mind where crops were the previous year. An example of interplanting are sweet onions 'walla walla' amongst the potatoes though left the end of the row empty as I had a few rows of onions growing there last year. Amongst the potatoes I also planted sweetcorn and amongst the sweet corn I ered a structure to which I affixed netting and planted cucumber of sorts. The structure will also support a net which I will  need to cover the sweetcorn against squirrel attack.
I have planted courgettes underneath the frame for climbing French beans. All a bit of experiment. In the greenhouse I cleared lettuce which was going to seed and planted some different types of cucumber amongst them the Bolivian Giant Cucumber and Crystal Lemon Cucumber ( around cucumber. Amonst those I sowed Dwarf beans. The polytunnels have pots with tomatoes growing as I used the raised beds for tomatoes last year and though it wiser not to replant direct. I have also planted Okra in the beds.  There are also tomatoes outside. I have had such good germination in the greenhouse that I have been giving away seedlings. Currently I am reading 'Growing for flavour' by James Wong. Quite fascinating and well worth a read.